Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Adamawa attack: Police beef up security
  • National News

Adamawa attack: Police beef up security

Admin December 4, 2017

Nigeria Police

 Police and troops in Adamawa State have mounted sentry at  Dong and Lawaru villages in Demsa Local Government Area of the state to ward off further attacks by armed militia. Both communities were attacked by persons suspected to be insurgents masquerading as herdsmen.

The state Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Ahmad Sajoh, who confirmed the incident, also described it as “unfortunate”.

Sajoh said the state government had held an emergency security meeting on the incident and had taken measures to contain the situation.

He said that military personnel and policemen had been deployed to the affected villages to contain the attackers.

“I can’t say the number of casualties for now as security men are still there to chase out the attackers, ” Sajoh said.

The Spokesman of the Police Command in the state, SP Othman Abubakar, who also confirmed the incident, said mobile policemen, soldiers, air force and other security personnel from sister security agencies had been deployed to contain the situation.

Abubakar also said that more highway Police Patrol teams were drafted along the Yola–Numan–Gombe road to ensure safety of travelers along the road.

Meanwhile, residents of Numan, the third largest town in Adamawa, are fleeing the town for safety as rumours continue to spread that the attackers are heading toward the town.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous No govt money traced to former FCT minister’s account — EFCC witness
Next Does Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun, have a hand in attempt to block audit of Oando messy deals? No leads show she has

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.