Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Buhari orders military to stop killings in Plateau
  • National News

Buhari orders military to stop killings in Plateau

Admin October 17, 2017

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the military and police to stop he killings in Plateau state after receiving reports of 20 deaths in a renewed reprisals..

The President expressed sadness and regret over the reported killings and enjoined the security agencies to put a stop to it immediately.

A statement by the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Monday said that the President had instructed “the military and the police to bring the violence to an instant end

He said Buhari also directed security forces to draw up a plan to ensure that there were no further attacks and reprisal attacks by one group against the other’’.

According to Shehu, the President was committed to the sanctity of Nigeria’s unity and enjoined Nigerians to live together in peace and harmony.

He said that the President also commiserated with the governor and people of Plateau and with those who lost their loved ones, friends and family.

“May God comfort them as only He can.’’

The Plateau government on Friday imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew on Bassa Local Government as part of measures to curtail the midnight attacks, which has been described as a reprisal attacks by some herdsmen.

According to the Plateau Police Command, scores of people were killed in the attacks that started three weeks ago, with Ncha village recording 26 deaths in the first major attack.

Further attacks took place in Taegbe village where six people were killed and several others injured, while Miango Jebu took its turn last week, losing five youths to the assailants.

Kpachudu, Nkiedonwhron and Nzhwerivo villages were also attacked at the weekend, with unconfirmed reports indicating that scores were killed in their sleep.

Meanwhile, the Irigwe community in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau has called on the state government to lift the dusk-to-dawn curfew imposed on the area following incessant midnight attacks on its rural settlements.

Mr Sunday Abdu, National President, Irigwe Community Development Association, made the call at a press briefing on Monday in Jos.NAN

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Lack of marker pens halt immunisation in Kebbi
Next Buhari leaves for Turkey Wednesday

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.