Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Court fixes Dec. 6 for hearing on N1bn libel suit against Adamawa Assembly
  • National News

Court fixes Dec. 6 for hearing on N1bn libel suit against Adamawa Assembly

Admin November 14, 2017

November 14, 2017

A Yola High Court on Tuesday fixed Dec. 6 for hearing of the motion on notice in a N1 billion libel suit filed against the Adamawa House of Assembly.

A construction firm handling a N1.2 billion World Bank-assisted rural road project in the state, had dragged the Speaker, Kabiru Mijinyawa, to court for alleged libel.

Also joined in the suit are the House Committee on Rural and Community Development and seven others.

The firm alleged that the house committee had in a newspaper publication accused it of defrauding the bank and the people.

It alleged that the defendant accused it of conniving with the Ministry of Rural Development and Rural Access Mobility Project (RAMP-2) to commit the act.

When the case came up for hearing, counsel to the defendant, Mr Abubakar Sa’ad, said the house was not ready as it had not been served with the motion on notice.

“We are not ready for the montion on notice. We have not been served with the motion; we only got the writs of summon”, he said.

Counsel to the plaintiff, Mr Ahmed Garba, however, insisted that the house was served with the motion.

“We served them. We took our time to ensure the service,” Garba said.

The Judge, Nathan Musa, directed counsel to the company to serve the defendant’s counsel with the motion during the court’s sitting which he did.

Musa adjourned the case till Dec.6 for hearing.

The court had last week, granted an order of interim injunction, restraining the assembly from taking any action against the firm and its officials, pending the determination of the substantive suit.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Sen. Ndume resumes in Senate on Wednesday
Next Tambuwal inaugurates campaign to enrol 1.4m children in school

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.