Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Customs generates over N285m at 20th e-auction, records 706 winners
  • National News

Customs generates over N285m at 20th e-auction, records 706 winners

Admin February 14, 2018

Nigeria Customs Service

February 14, 2018

Mr Joseph Attah, The Public Relations Officer, Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) says the Service has generated more than N285 million through its ongoing 20th e-auction.

Attah, who disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Abuja, said that 706 winners had emerged from the e-auction.

According to him, out of the 5,454 persons that registered for the exercise, more than 4,865 placed bids with 706 winners emerging.

“So far, 706 vehicles have been won with N285.253, million generated as revenue for the Federal Government,’’ Attah said.

He said the Comptroller-General of NCS, retired Col. Hameed Ali, launched the e-auction platform (https: app1.trade.gov.ng/eauction) on July, 3, 2017, to ensure transparency and integrity.

Attah explained that the introduction of the e-auction process was based on the need to eliminate abuses associated with the manual process.

“This is to ensure maximum revenue from the process, while still providing equal opportunities to all interested Nigerians to log on to the e-auction portal and bid for any items they wish.’’

Attah said that the portal was opened to all interested persons to bid between 12 p.m on Mondays to 12 p.m on Wednesdays every week.

According to him, the management and disposal of seized or overtime items by NCS are done strictly in line with extant laws.

“The NCS will continue to be careful in handling goods at its warehouses so as not to be dragged into unnecessary litigations by claimants as a result of illegal disposal,” said Attah.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Auction Mr Joseph Attah N285 million Nigeria Customs Service (NCS). The Public Relations Officer

Post navigation

Previous Delta signs pact to establish multi-billion Naira Agro Industrial Park
Next Sokoto Govt. donates land to Dangote to establish rice mill

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.