Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Ebonyi community attack: Benue LG  Chairman refutes reports of Agila people being responsible 
  • National News

Ebonyi community attack: Benue LG  Chairman refutes reports of Agila people being responsible 

Admin April 14, 2021
idoma native

Benue State

April 14, 2021

The Chairman, Ado Local Government Area of Benue, Mr James Oche, said people in Agila community were not responsible for attacks on Ebonyi communities.

In statement he issued on Tuesday in Makurdi, Oche described as the “peak of falsehood“ reports in sections of the mass media which alleged that the people of Agila were behind the attacks.

On Monday in a communique through the Chief Press Secretary to the Deputy Governor, Dr. Monday Uzor, the Ebonyi State government said the attack which took place in the early hours of Monday the 12th is linked to the age-long Crisis between the community and their Agila neighbours of Benue State.

The statement further revealed that the Deputy Governor of Ebonyi State, Barr Eric Kelechi Igwe had swiftly responded by directing the Military and Police to move into the community to repel the attack and restore peace.

But the LG chairman further refuting the claims said the victims of the attack had already named their attackers and wondered why Agila people were still being accused of masterminding the attacks.

“The people of Agila are peace loving people and have since embraced the recommendations of the Otse Otokpa/Cyril Obazi Agila/Ngbo Inter-community Peace and Security Committee formed by the governments of Ebonyi and Benue’’ he said.

He said Agila people have been cooperating with the National Boundary Commission on the planned delineation and re-beaconing exercise scheduled to hold within the axis.

“Falsehood cannot be the solution to the problem as it will deteriorate the already tensed situation.

“I urge the two parties involved to present facts in the interest of peace and the security of the areas,” Oche advised. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Erik Kelechi James Oche Monday Uzor

Post navigation

Previous JUSUN strike: Govs are not against financial autonomy for the judiciary – Lalong
Next Insurgency: Japan Donates $2.3m to Borno, NEDC to strengthen healthcare

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.