Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • FG issues September 25 deadline for registration, regularisation of all SIM cards
  • National News

FG issues September 25 deadline for registration, regularisation of all SIM cards

Admin September 17, 2019

The Federal Government on Monday has issued an ultimatum for the registration and regularisation of all SIM cards by September 25, 2019.

Minister of Communications, Dr Isa Pantami, announced this while giving an update on the status of the unregistered SIM cards during the inauguration of some new members of the governing board of the NCC in Abuja on Monday.

“By 25th September 2019, we don’t want to have any more cases of incomplete registration. The remaining 2.4 million SIM cards must be fully registered,” he said.

The minister further ordered the NCC to compel the service providers to comply with the September 25th deadline.

The Federal Government also announced that the number of unregistered SIM cards in the country had dropped from 9.2 million to 2.4 million, just four days after it ordered the blocking of the defaulting mobile telephone lines.

Ibrahim had on Thursday directed NCC to compel telecoms service providers to immediately block unregistered and partially-registered SIM cards.

The directive said the mobile telephone lines should remain blocked until their owners presented themselves for registration.

However, just four days later, the minister said a fresh report submitted to him by the management of the NCC revealed that, out of the 9.2 million unregistered SIM cards, about 6.7 million had been re-registered since September 11.

According to him, the report on the implementation of the directive was submitted by the Executive Vice-Chairman of the NCC, Prof Umaru Danbatta, on Monday.

He explained that the reduction in the number of defaulting mobile telephone lines from 9.2 million to 2.4 million represented a 73.6 per cent drop, a development which he described as ‘highly commendable.’

 

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Isa Pantami NCC Umaru Danbatta

Post navigation

Previous Xenophobia: 319 Nigerians expected back from South Africa Tuesday– Abike Dabiri
Next NAFDAC warns of dangers of consuming non-iodized salt 

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution Maize farm
  • Business & Economy

Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.