ITTF Challenge Nigeria Open: LOC promises strong media coverage
Wahid Enitan-Oshodi, Chairman, Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the forthcoming International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Challenge Nigeria Open has assured fans of strong media coverage during the competition.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 170 players from 27 countries have registered for the 2018 edition of ITTF Challenge Nigeria Open that will hold at Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos from Aug. 8 to Aug. 12
Enitan-Oshodi told NAN that the body would collaborate with various social media to give the championships the needed publicity and to ensure that fans across the world catch up with activities of the event.
“So far, arrangements are on ground to improve on our services, and the idea is necessary because of the following that table tennis have in the country and across the world.
“It’s going to be an exciting eight-day event that will pull quality players and the 40 high ITTF ranked players will also be thrilling their fans and spectators with their skills.
“The venue can only take a limited number of spectators, so we need strong support of various social media like twitters to reach over 29.5 million viewers,’’ he said.
He said that the 27 countries were Norway, Russia, Scotland, Denmark, England, Slovenia, Italy, Hungary, Romania, France, Finland, Luxembourg, Holland, China lead Asia along with India, Iran and Thailand.
While South America, including Brazil, Colombia and Argentina, with hosts Nigeria heading Africa’s entries that also have Mauritius, Congo, DR Congo, Ghana, Egypt and South Africa.
NAN reports that 46,000 dollars prize championships had 148 players from 22 countries.