Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • JAMB releases results of 85 underaged candidates for exceptional admission
  • National News

JAMB releases results of 85 underaged candidates for exceptional admission

Admin October 27, 2025
jamb spokesman

Official_JAMB_logo

Oct 27, 2025

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the results of 85 underage candidates (under 16 years) who successfully completed the comprehensive screening process established by the board for exceptional admission.

This is contained in a statement on Monday by the spokesperson of JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin.

Benjamin said that after meticulous evaluation, 85 candidates who were adjudged to be qualified had been duly notified to proceed to their respective institutions to complete the admission process and print their individual JAMB admission letters.

He said the policy of exceptional admission was consistent with global best practices, where such cases were treated as rare exceptions rather than the norm.

“It is to be noted that in the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), of the 2,031,133 applicants, a total of 41,027 candidates sought consideration under this special category of which 599 score the 80 per cent threshold in the UTME.

“These 599 were subjected to further scrutiny of school certificate and PUTME screening, which led to the emergence of 182 candidates (178+4).

“After due verification, interviews, and screening, 85 candidates were found to have met the criteria and have consequently been cleared for admission.

“Any of the 182 finalist-candidates with valid reason missed the final interview is advised to submit a formal request through the JAMB Support Ticketing System under the newly created category titled – 2025 Underage Complaint.”

Benjamin said that such complaints would be reviewed individually, and decisions would be made strictly on their own merit.

According to him, this window is for only the 182 finalists who might for one reason or the other missed the final interview.

In addition, he said that candidates who score 320 and above in UTME but failed to upload O-Level results and were subsequently disqualified from proceeding were now given a chance to upload no later than Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2025 and notify the Board of such through the ticketing.

He reiterated the Board’s commitment to ensuring that the admission process remained credible, transparent, and inclusive, while also maintaining the integrity of academic standards across all tiers of tertiary education in Nigeria.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Fabian Benjamin JAMB PUTME UTME

Post navigation

Previous Gumi urges Islamic Judges to empower women to divorce abusive husbands without paying compensation
Next Court hears Akpoti-Uduaghan’s prayer challenging AGF’s power  to prosecute

Related Stories

FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide
  • National News

FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide

August 19, 2026
Zamfara Government Records 290,000 IDPs Amid Escalating Security, Humanitarian Crisis zamfara state
  • National News

Zamfara Government Records 290,000 IDPs Amid Escalating Security, Humanitarian Crisis

August 19, 2026
Education Relief: Tinubu Directs Recovered EFCC Cash and Dormant Funds to NELFund
  • National News

Education Relief: Tinubu Directs Recovered EFCC Cash and Dormant Funds to NELFund

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide
  • National News

FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide

August 19, 2026
Zamfara Government Records 290,000 IDPs Amid Escalating Security, Humanitarian Crisis zamfara state
  • National News

Zamfara Government Records 290,000 IDPs Amid Escalating Security, Humanitarian Crisis

August 19, 2026
Education Relief: Tinubu Directs Recovered EFCC Cash and Dormant Funds to NELFund
  • National News

Education Relief: Tinubu Directs Recovered EFCC Cash and Dormant Funds to NELFund

August 19, 2026
Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.