Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Kebbi Govt. spends N2bn on water supply in 2017
  • National News

Kebbi Govt. spends N2bn on water supply in 2017

Admin February 12, 2018

February 12, 2018

The Kebbi State Government said it had spent over N2 billion on the provision of potable and safe drinking water in 2017 to safeguard the health of the people against water borne diseases.

The Commissioner of Water Resources and Rural Development, Alhaji Bala Kangiwa, stated this while defending the ministry’s budget for 2018 before the Kebbi House of Assembly in Birnin Kebbi on Monday.

“The performance of the last year’s budget was very impressive as we expended N2 billion out of the proposed capital expenditure.

“We also spent N98 million out of the N100 million proposed recurrent expenditure in 2017,” he said.

Kangiwa said that over N6 billion was proposed for 2018 by the ministry as part of the government’s commitment to improve the standard of living and social services to the people in all the 21 local government areas.

The commissioner commended the support and cooperation the ministry received from the state of assembly.

The Chairman of the Joint Committees on Finance, Appropriation and Budget Monitoring and Economic Planning, Alhaji Umaru Sarkin-Shanu, commended the commissioner for his performance.

He also assured that the legislative would continue to support and assist the executive to ensure the improvement of standards of living of the people in the state.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: 2017 Alhaji Bala Kangiwa Kebbi State Government provision of potable and safe drinking water The Commissioner of Water Resources and Rural Development Water supply

Post navigation

Previous Social media crucial in information dissemination–Ondo Commissioner
Next Critical assignment: Buhari orders security chiefs to check killing

Related Stories

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.