Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Monkey pox: Nasarawa Govt caution residents against bush meats
  • National News

Monkey pox: Nasarawa Govt caution residents against bush meats

Admin October 20, 2017

October 20, 2017

The Nasarawa State Government has advised residents against eating bush meats in order to avoid the risk of contracting monkey pox disease.
The state Director of Public Health in the ministry of Health, Dr Ibrahim Adamu, gave the advice on Friday while addressing newsmen in Lafia.
He called for calm and assured that the state government has put all necessary measures in place to protect the lives of residents.
“The first case of the disease was seen in Bayelsa state in the South-South region and since then other states have recorded suspected cases and it is also on record that out of the 74 suspected cases, only three have been confirmed to be case of monkey pox and these three are all in Bayelsa state.
“In Nasarawa state, for the sake of emphasis, Nasarawa state has not recorded any confirmed case of monkey pox, that is why I am calling on the residents of the state not to eat monkey so as to avoid monkey diseases,” he said.
Adamu also said that the ministry had prepared radio and television jingles that would educate and enlightening the people of the state on the prevention method of monkey pox.
“We are also planning to do sensitisation training for doctors, nurses and pharmacists, among other health workers, that are the first people that sick people get to. We want to create awareness on the prevention of monkey pox disease.
The director called on the people of the state to report any suspected case to the nearest health facility for prompt action.
He listed some of the symptoms of monkey pox to include fever, pain and rashes resembling chicken pox, among others.
He restated the ministry’s commitment to continue to key in to good health policies and programmes that have direct bearing on the lives of the people of the state.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Authority gives Zuma deadline to make submissions on graft charge
Next Obong of Calabar urges Nigerians to support President Buhari’s repositioning strategy

Related Stories

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
83 More Nigerian Returnees Arrive from South Africa Wednesday as Philanthropists Step In Bianca Ojukwu
  • National News

83 More Nigerian Returnees Arrive from South Africa Wednesday as Philanthropists Step In

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos Scammers
  • National News

Alleged Criminal Conversion: EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO in Lagos

August 19, 2026
Peter Obi is Nigerians’ Candidate of Conscience – Media Office
  • Politics

Peter Obi is Nigerians’ Candidate of Conscience – Media Office

August 19, 2026
83 More Nigerian Returnees Arrive from South Africa Wednesday as Philanthropists Step In Bianca Ojukwu
  • National News

83 More Nigerian Returnees Arrive from South Africa Wednesday as Philanthropists Step In

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.