Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • N400m fraud: Metuh has a case to answer, says Supreme
  • National News

N400m fraud: Metuh has a case to answer, says Supreme

Admin February 9, 2018

The Supreme Court on Friday affirmed the decision of the Court of Appeal, Abuja, which dismissed the appeal on no-case submission filed by Olisa Metuh, former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Metuh is standing trial for allegedly receiving N400 million from the office of the former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Delivering the judgment on the consolidated appeal filed by Metuh and his company, Destra Investments Limited, Justice Ejembi Eko, held that the appeal was incompetent.
The judge held that the appellants failed to obtain leave of the court as specified by Section 233 (2) of the 1999 Constitution before filing the notice of appeals.
NAN reports that this section of the constitution compels a would-be appellant to seek leave of the court when filing an appeal against an interlocutory decision, on the grounds of mixed law and facts.
“The appellants have failed to adhere to this portion of the constitution.
“Therefore, we have no reason not to affirm the May 25, 2016, judgment of the Court of Appeal in Abuja. This consolidated appeal is hereby dismissed for being incompetent, ’’ he said.
The Court of Appeal had earlier dismissed the appeal for being incompetent, thereby upholding the March 9, 2016 ruling of the trial court dismissing the appellants’ no-case submission.
Metuh, who had been complaining of ill health as he continued his defence at the Federal High Court Abuja, was on Feb.5 brought to court on a stretcher.
The trial judge, Justice Okon Abang, adjourned Metuh’s trial until March 14. on the grounds of his ill health.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Destra Investments Limited Justice Ejembi Eko Justice Okon Abang Olisa Metuh Supreme Court

Post navigation

Previous Trump wants US congress to end visa lottery
Next “I am a drug trafficker’’, laundryman tells court

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.