Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • PDP National Convention: Screening Committee clears national chairmanship aspirants
  • National News

PDP National Convention: Screening Committee clears national chairmanship aspirants

Admin December 8, 2017

December 8, 2017

The screening committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for national elective convention has cleared all the nine aspirants vying for the position of national chairman of the party.

Chairman of the Screening Committee, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, disclosed this when he addressed journalists on the exercise at the party Secretariat on Friday in Abuja.

Ize-Iyamu, who commended the peaceful conduct by the candidates, expressed optimism that the convention would be credible.

The cleared candidates are: Prince Uche Secondus, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, Taoheed Adedoja, Chief Olabode George, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, Sen.Rashidi Ladoja, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Chief Jimi Agbaje and Aderemi Olusegun.

In his brief remarks, Chairman of the Convention Planning Committee and Governor of Delta, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, pledged the readiness of the committee to conduct credible and transparent convention.

Okowa also assured that adequate steps had been taken to secure the Eagles Square, venue of the convention.

“We are very much aware of the security alert about Abuja. The security committee is working very closely with the security agencies to ensure a smooth convention,” said Okowa.

The governor added that security sub-committee was “working very closely with the police and relevant security agencies,” to ensure a smooth exercise.

He, however, said that only properly accredited journalists would be allowed entrance to the convention venue.

Chairman, Post-Convention Planning Committee and Bayelsa Governor, Seriake Dickson tasked all aspirants to demonstrate the spirit of sportsmanship before, during and after the contest.

He said that the spirit of sportsmanship was key, adding that only one candidate would win the election.

Dickson, who thanked Okowa for his work described the convention planning committee members as credible people, adding that that the party had confidence in them.

Dickson advised the candidates to feel free to approach the committee, to seek clarification on any issue pertaining to the convention.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Baru gets Forbes award, woos foreign investors for NNPC mega projects
Next Trump’s Jerusalem gamble spikes oil prices

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.