Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • President Muhammadu Buhari dissolves NABTEB board
  • National News

President Muhammadu Buhari dissolves NABTEB board

Admin June 25, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari calls Bill Clinton

June 25, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari dissolves NABTEB board

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the dissolution of the Governing Board of National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB).

A statement, made available to newsmen in Abuja on Monday by Mr Sonny Echono, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, said the approval was with immediate effect.

Echono said the President had also directed the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu to take immediate measures to reposition and refocus NABTEB for greater efficiency and to render its performance more responsive to the expectations of the present administration.

He said the purported suspension of the Registrar, Prof. Ifeoma Abanihe and four other Directors of NABTEB had been nullified as it did not conform to due process, especially in the case of the registrar.

He said the board went beyond its powers and in contravention of Section 5 and Section 6 of NABTEB Act.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that a special investigative panel was constituted to probe activities of the registrar of the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB), Prof. Ifeoma Isuigo-Abanihe and four others.

The panel allegedly uncovered irregularities in contract awards and abuse of office by the embattled registrar.

The registrar and four directors were suspended by the 9th Governing Board of NABTEB at its first regular board meeting held on 19th June at NABTEB headquarters, Benin City, Edo State, following allegations of N49.7 million fraud.

The four affected staff members are: Mr Nnasia Ndarake Asanga, Director, Finance & Accounts, Dr Obinna Opara, Director, Examination Administration, Alhaji Jimoh Adewola Kasali, Director, Examinations Development, and the Procurement Officer, Engr. Edwin Osamo.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Ministry of Education NABTEB National Business and Technical Examination Board president muhammadu buhari

Post navigation

Previous Prince William meets Syrian refugees at historic site in Jordan
Next Nigeria’s Tobe Nwigwe rocks Super Eagles jersey at BET Awards 2018

Related Stories

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo
  • National News

NDLEA destroys 4.6 tonnes of suspected cannabis farms in Edo

August 17, 2026
Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA federal republic of nigeria
  • National News

Customs hands over cannabis cookies worth N373.8m to NDLEA

August 17, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele
  • Business & Economy

Under Tinubu, FAAC allocations peak at N2.8trn monthly, highest ever – Oyedele

August 18, 2026
Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde
  • Commentaries

Osun 2026: When the people speak, politics must listen, by Muyiwa Akintunde

August 18, 2026
Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson
  • National News

Bayelsa Assembly defies court order: Still summons Sagbama Council chairperson

August 18, 2026
NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides
  • Politics

NDC leader Dickson appoints Sani Takori, VinMartin Ilo, Steve Nwosu as aides

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.