Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • Breaking News
  • President Muhammadu Buhari to seek re-election in 2019
  • Breaking News

President Muhammadu Buhari to seek re-election in 2019

Admin April 9, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari

April 9, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday in Abuja declared his intention to seek re-election in 2019.

Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity confirmed this development in a statement in Abuja on Monday.

He said that the President made the declaration at a closed-door meeting of the National Executive Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja.

The presidential aide quoted President Buhari as saying that he was responding to the clamour by Nigerians to re-contest in 2019, adding that he wanted to give the NEC, the honour of notifying them first.

President Buhari, who had earlier presented a speech on the report submitted by the APC National Executive Technical Committee, specifically thanked members of the committee for carrying out the assignment on time.

“It shows a great sense of commitment to the ideals of our party with a view to consolidating and positioning the party to continue delivering good governance in the overall interest of Nigerians.

“With the present state of the party and based on the report submitted by the Technical Committee, it is important to focus on how to move the party forward by avoiding actions detrimental to the interest of the party.

“Considering that politics is a game of numbers, we must not be a house divided against itself and must try to note, appreciate and accommodate our differences as far as the law permits.

“Upon my review of the Report, my position is to ensure that the party tows the path of unity, legality and cohesion and not that of division,’’ he said.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: 2019 Elections 2019 general elections. 2019 Presidential Elections All Progressive Congress APC APC National Executive Technical Committee Malam Garba Shehu National Executive Committee president muhammadu buhari Re-election the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity

Post navigation

Previous Gold Coast 2018: Nigeria reaches Table Tennis team final
Next Imo CP, Chris Ezike, seeks stiffer punishment for convicted cultists

Related Stories

Landmark $1B Underwriting Deal Paves Way for Record-Breaking Dangote Refinery IPO refinery
  • Breaking News
  • National News

Landmark $1B Underwriting Deal Paves Way for Record-Breaking Dangote Refinery IPO

August 18, 2026
BREAKING: Jubilation as Adeleke wins Osun election by 511,067 votes
  • Breaking News

BREAKING: Jubilation as Adeleke wins Osun election by 511,067 votes

August 16, 2026
BREAKING: Tinubu directs EFCC to vacate the court order freezing Osun account, calls Gov Adeleke
  • Breaking News

BREAKING: Tinubu directs EFCC to vacate the court order freezing Osun account, calls Gov Adeleke

August 6, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.