Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Recognise Abiola officially as ex-President: Family appeals to FG
  • National News

Recognise Abiola officially as ex-President: Family appeals to FG

Admin June 12, 2020

M.K.O Abiola

M.K.O Abiola

The Abiola family of Abeokuta in Ogun on Friday demanded for an official recognition of late chief M.K.O Abiola as an ex-president of Nigeria.

The Head of the Family, Chief Olanrewaju Abiola, made the demand on President Muhammadu Buharui at the family house in Abeokuta.

The late M.K.O Abiola was believed to have won the June 12, 1993 presidential elections.

Abiola said the recognition had become necessary for Nigerian leaders to rule in peace.

He commended Buhari for conferring a posthumus highest national honour of the Grand Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (GCFR) on Late Abiola and recognising June 12 as Nigeria’s authentic Democracy Day.

He, however, urged the president to actualise the mandate that Nigerians gave to his late junior brother, Moshood, on June 12, 1993, by conferring an official status of an ex-president of the nation on him.

Abiola also demanded that all the entitlements that should have accrued to his late brother from 1993 to date should be fully paid to the family.

He called on Buhari to liase with the National Assembly to debate the issue and subsequently pass it as a law.

“On June 12, last year when I spoke with the president, he said he has given him the honour, but we want it in black and white.

“Let the members of the National Assembly debate it and pass it into law.

“Moshood was the bread winner of the family and since his death, the family members have been suffering,” he said. (NAN)

 

 

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Chief Olanrewaju Abiola MKO Abiola Muhammadu Buhari President

Post navigation

Previous Boko Haram terror in Nigeria contravenes religious values – UAE
Next Grant state pardon to Funke Akindele on compassionate grounds, NFVCB, stakeholders appeal to LASG

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.