Skip to content
August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Security: Gov. Ambode pledges support for military operations
  • National News

Security: Gov. Ambode pledges support for military operations

Admin February 7, 2018

February 7, 2018

Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Wednesday said his administration would continue to support operations of the Nigerian Army against kidnapping, illegal oil bunkering and other security challenges in the state.

Ambode spoke at the Lagos House, Alausa, when he received the new General Officer Commanding, 81 Division of the Nigerian Army, Maj.- Gen. Enebong Udoh, on a courtesy visit.

He said a lot had been achieved in securing the state in the last 32 months.

The governor said the State Government would always support military operations designed to ensure residents go about their social and economic activities without let or hindrance.

He said as a government, security had been the major pillar of his administration, upon which the economic growth of the state was built.

Ambode said he remained committed to sustaining the successes recorded so far.

“I want to also say that I am going to scale up the activities of ‘Operation Mesa’ and I welcome the idea to set up new Army units that tackle issues that relate to kidnapping, smuggling and all the vices that we have.

“I am also very excited that we will soon have the presence of the Army in most of those areas that we are having troubles, such as Ikorodu, Epe, among others, so that we take security down to the people,” he said.

The governor said it was gratifying that Udoh was coming at a very significant time in the state, being an election year.

According to him, this calls for security to be kept 24 hours daily, considering the cosmopolitan nature of the state.

He expressed optimism that the new army chief would immediately join in the efforts to build on past successes and enhance security in the state.

Ambode commended all the security agencies in the state, and restated his commitment to support them to ensure security of lives and property.

Earlier, Udoh commended the governor for the massive support extended to security agencies, and in particular the Nigerian Army.

He said the development had greatly facilitated their operations in preventing and combating crimes in the state.

Udoh also thanked the State Government for swiftly responding to the ocean surge which affected Bonny Cantonment recently.

He sought further assistance of the governor in areas of operational vehicles, facelift for military formations in the state and support for special teams set up to combat illegal oil bunkering, kidnapping, among others.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: 81 Division of the Nigerian Army General Officer Commanding Governor Akinwunmi Ambode illegal oil bunkering kidnapping Maj.- Gen. Enebong Udoh Nigerian Army Operation Mesa Security

Post navigation

Previous Restructuring: NNPP advocates unicameral legislature
Next Osun Assembly warns MDAs against revenue leakage

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.