Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • I spoke with Buhari on state of the nation, he’s hale and hearty – Osinbajo
  • National News

I spoke with Buhari on state of the nation, he’s hale and hearty – Osinbajo

Admin February 6, 2017

Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has stated that he is not in a position to disclose the health status of President Muhammadu Buhari to Nigerians, explaining that the President would tell Nigerians at the right time.

Speaking with State House correspondents shortly after meeting behind closed doors with the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, the Acting President said he was not in any way under pressure to resign as reported in a section of the media last weekend.

He insisted that the President is hale and hearty and would address the nation at the appropriate time.

Buhari who was expected to resume duties today, following the expiration of his 10-day vacation, Sunday announced the extension of his vacation indefinitely.

Osinbajo said he had earlier spoken with Buhari, who is currently in London, to keep him posted on developments in the country, especially with regard to the 2017 Budget and the protests embarked upon by some Nigerians.

When asked by the media the status of the President’s health, Osinbajo said, “He is in the best position to answer that. He would do that as soon as possible. We spoke extensively today regarding the 2017 and the protest embarked upon by Nigerians.”

 

 

 

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Police seal off Ondo House of Assembly
Next No plans to Islamise Nigeria, it’s fallacy – Lai Mohammed

Related Stories

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.