Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Teenager killed in suspected IED blast in Borno
  • National News

Teenager killed in suspected IED blast in Borno

Admin September 29, 2025
bitrus

Borno Stste

Sept. 28, 2025

The Police Command in Borno has confirmed the death of a 13-year old boy following an improvised explosive device (IED) explosion in Monguno Local Government Area.

The explosive is suspected to have been planted by the Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists in the area.

The police spokesman in Borno, Nahun Daso, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri on Monday, said the incident occurred at Kawuram, Monguno, on Sunday.

He said the victim was returning from the farm with his father, Usman Abubakar, the head of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) in Monguno, when he stepped on the device.

“The explosion fatally injured the teenager. A military Forward Operating Base (FOB) was alerted, and a combined team of the military, Police EOD-CBRN, police patrol team, CJTF and hunters visited the scene.

“The area was cordoned, searched and rendered safe for other users. No other unexploded devices were found.

“The victim was evacuated to the General Hospital in Monguno where he later died while receiving treatment,” he said.

According to him, the corpse has been released to the family for burial in accordance with Islamic rites.

He added that security had been reinforced in the area.(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Civilian Joint Task Force CJTF Nahun Daso

Post navigation

Previous Troops nab soldier, police personnel smuggling arms to terrorists
Next 2 IDPs arrested for allegedly killing colleague in Borno

Related Stories

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres
  • Society

Spider-Man surpasses $2bn at box office after three weekends in theatres

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports
  • National News

Nigeria Sugar Master Plan 2.0: NSDC Secures $1B Deal and N10B Acceleration Fund to End Imports

August 16, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.