Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Troops foil bandits’ incursion into Shanono communities in Kano
  • National News

Troops foil bandits’ incursion into Shanono communities in Kano

Admin January 2, 2026
Soldiers beat policemen

Nigerian Army logo

Jan. 2, 2025

Troops of the Joint Task Force (JTF) have successfully foiled an attempted incursion by bandits into some communities in Shanono Local Government Area of Kano State after a prolonged gun battle.

The clash, which started late Thursday night and lasted till the early hours of Friday, occurred in Yankwada, Babanduhu and other neighbouring villages in the area.

Confirming the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the Nigerian Army’s spokesperson in Kano, Maj. Zubair Babatunde, said the bandits attempted to invade the communities on motorcycles while firing sporadically.

Babatunde said the attack was a revenge mission following the loss of some of the bandits’ fighters to superior military firepower during an earlier encounter last week.

According to him, the assailants stormed the affected villages at about 1:00 a.m., prompting a swift response from the troops.

“The bandits were effectively engaged and dislodged by the military,” he said.

Babatunde added that the timely intervention of the JTF prevented casualties and significant damage to property in the affected communities.

He reassured residents of the area of the military’s commitment to protecting lives and property, urging them to continue to cooperate with security agencies by providing timely and credible information.

The army spokesperson said the military remained on high alert to prevent further attacks and sustain peace across the state.(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: JTF Maj. Zubair Babatunde

Post navigation

Previous Rivers PDP recounts how Fubara deceived them to join APC
Next Kano Justice Ministry says it disposed 614 cases in 2025

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.