Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Troops subdue ISWAP attack, shield 10,000 households in Borno
  • National News

Troops subdue ISWAP attack, shield 10,000 households in Borno

Admin September 22, 2025
Soldiers beat policemen

Nigerian Army logo

Sept. 22, 2025

Nigerian Army troops of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) subdued a major Islamic State – West Africa Province (ISWAP)assault on Banki in Bama Local Government Area of Borno and Bula area of Yobe.

A credible source at Army Headquarters told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the troops had shielded more than 10,000 resettled households from renewed displacement.

The source said the terrorists launched coordinated attacks on Sept. 18 in a bid to overrun the communities and destabilise hard-earned peace.

He said the terrorists were met with stiff resistance from ground troops, backed by precision airstrikes, forcing them into a disorderly retreat with heavy casualties in men and weapons on enemies’ side.

In Banki, he said the reinforced troops stood firm to protect women, children and the elderly.

According to him, in Bula Yobe, soldiers displayed tactical discipline that foiled repeated enemy attempts to breach security positions.

“Farmers who recently returned to rebuild their livelihoods were also secured.

“During an operational visit on Sept. 19, the Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division and Commander Sector 1 OPHK, Brig.-Gen. Ugochukwu Unachukwu, hailed the troops’ sacrifice.

“The GOC confirmed that the terrorists had been dealt a decisive blow.

“He assured residents and humanitarian agencies that the Nigerian army remains resolute in its mandate to protect civilians and secure the recovery of conflict-affected communities,” he said.

The source also dismissed as false some media reports claiming that terrorists overran a military base in the area.

He stated that no army position was captured and that all communities remained firmly under security control.

According to him, one soldier paid the supreme price during the encounters with others wounded in the operation.

He described their sacrifice as a testament to the force’s determination to guarantee peace, dignity and safety for Nigerians returning home after years of displacement.

The source said the ongoing operations would be sustained under the leadership of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, within a joint and multi-agency framework.

“Nigerians owes the injured gallant troops and fallen heroes a debt of gratitude for keeping hope alive in communities rising from the ashes of war,” he added.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: "Hadin Kai" Brig.-Gen. Ugochukwu Unachukwu Olufemi Oluyede OPHK

Post navigation

Previous Send your child to school or risk jail – Gombe govt warns parents 
Next Oborevwori is committed to fairness, peace, inclusive development – Aniagwu

Related Stories

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted
  • National News

BBNaija: Kamsy loses out on N160m cash prize, evicted

August 17, 2026
Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody ICPC
  • National News

Former Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Sues ICPC, AGF for N10bn Over Denied Family Access in Custody

August 16, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband Police
  • Crime and Justice

Teenager Arrested in Kebbi State for Abducting Newborn Baby to Deceive Husband

August 17, 2026
Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism
  • Commentaries

Groundbreaking ‘Sundiata Post Model’ Concludes, Proposing New Lexicon for 21st-Century Journalism

August 17, 2026
West Africa cocoa sector struggles to meet EU anti-deforestation rules, raising supply concerns
  • Business & Economy

West Africa cocoa sector struggles to meet EU anti-deforestation rules, raising supply concerns

August 17, 2026
NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

NPF arrests, repatriates Chadian fugitive wanted for murder in N’Djamena 

August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.