Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Two LGs exempted from Kaduna curfew
  • National News

Two LGs exempted from Kaduna curfew

Admin January 4, 2017

The Kaduna State Security Council has relaxed the 24-hour curfew in Jema’a and Zangon Kataf Local Government areas with immediate effect.

A statement signed by Samuel Aruwan, Special Assistant to Gov. Nasiru El-Rufa’i on Media and Publicity, said the curfew had been relaxed to last from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

It however said the 24-hour curfew in Kaura Local Government would remain in force.

“The curfew in Jema’a and Zangon Kataf local government areas is now for twelve hours daily, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

“Medical and health personnel carrying out essential services are exempted from the curfew, which was imposed in December, 2016.”

The statement attributed the reduction in the curfew hours to “improvements in the security situation” in the two local government areas.

It said that the Security Council took a unanimous decision on the matter after reviewing the security situation in the three local government areas and the entire state.

According to the statement, security agencies have been empowered to arrest individuals and groups found violating the curfew.

It also directed the security operatives to ensure enforcement using “best practices.”

The Security Council, chaired by Gov. El-Rufai, has the Deputy Governor, Barnabas Bala, the Police Commissioner, Director DSS, the Garrison Commander, 1 Division, Nigerian Army, Commandant, Nigerian Navy School of Armament, Kachia and Base Commander, Nigerian Air Force, Kaduna, as members.

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: mainnews mainnews2 newsbar newsticker recommended

Post navigation

Previous Oando, Sahara Energy, 37 others to sell Nigerian crude for 2017/2018
Next Nine Authors Make Etisalat Prize for Literature 2016 Longlist

Related Stories

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July federal government
  • Business & Economy

Statutory Revenue Jumps 17.8% as FAAC Distributes N3.007 Trillion to FG, States, LGs in July

August 18, 2026
Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja
  • National News

Flood: Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways in Abuja

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.