Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • Again unknown gunmen abduct 3 in Ekiti
  • National News

Again unknown gunmen abduct 3 in Ekiti

Admin July 11, 2020
Gunmen

unknown gunmen

Weeks after a commissioner and two others were abducted in Ekiti leaving one victim dead, three persons have again been kidnapped in the state by unknown gunmen.

The abductors, said to be no fewer than 10, had late on Friday attacked Isinbode-Ekiti in Ekiti East Local Government Area where they abducted the three persons.

According to sources, the hoodlums, amid sporadic shootings, carried out the attack at a sawmill located on Isinbode-Ode road and dispossessed the workers of their personal belongings after which they abducted two victims.

The sources revealed that after the sawmill attack, the kidnappers later pursued an official Hilux van conveying a government official and shot at it after which one of the occupants was kidnapped.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Sunday Abutu, confirmed the incident.

gunmen
Ekiti State

He also disclosed that one those abducted and driver of the van who was shot had escaped from captivity.

ALSO READ: Plateau Police confirms shooting of 4 persons as armed robbers attack POS shop

Abutu said that the driver had been taken to an hospital for medical care.

He said the kidnappers were now holding on to two persons, including the government official whose identity he did not disclose.

Abutu said the police were already on the trail of the abductors in order to secure the release of the victims unhurt. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Abducted Ekiti

Post navigation

Previous Lagos State Govt seals private medical laboratory conducting COVID-19 tests illegally
Next COVID-19 drugs: Relying on market forces would prolong the deadly pandemic – Bill GatesĀ 

Related Stories

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey
  • National News

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey
  • National News

Cement prices highest in Nigeria than other top African markets: FCCPC survey

August 19, 2026
Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution Maize farm
  • Business & Economy

Beyond Oil: Delta to equip 1,000 youths to drive agricultural revolution

August 19, 2026
TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD
  • National News

TETFUND awards N53m research grants to FUD

August 18, 2026
Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores Kano
  • National News

Kano govt. bans IV fluid, blood transfusion at patent medicine stores

August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.