Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • We’re in talks with LASG,  BRT  services to resume Friday – Operator
  • Breaking News
  • National News

We’re in talks with LASG,  BRT  services to resume Friday – Operator

Admin May 28, 2020
Lagos traffic robbers

BRT buses in Lagos traffic mix

The operator of the Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), Primero Transport Services Ltd., says it will restore services on Friday, following talks with the Lagos State Government over withdrawal of its services.

The BRT operator had withdrawn its services since Monday over losses due to COVID-19 new transport guidelines that mandated it to commute only 20 passengers per trip instead of 70.

An authoritative source had told NAN that the company might likely run out of diesel and other supplies that would likely disrupt BRT operations in the state.

Several BRT users had been complaining about this development since Friday last week when the news broke out and since Monday when the buses were withdrawn.

Giving an update on the withdrawal of services, Mr Fola Tinubu, BRT Managing Director, told NAN on Thursday that the management felt the pains of commuters in the state since Monday.

“I withdrew all the buses since Monday because we cannot continue at 20 passengers for 70 capacity buses without increase in fares. The losses, we are piling up, were just too much and threatening.”

“Primero should be back in full operations tomorrow (Friday) because we are talking to the Lagos State Government and all issues will be resolved today”.

“I am sorry for the inconveniences and distress this withdrawal of services has caused the teeming commuters in Lagos who rely on BRT services since Monday.

“I assure everybody that Primero will be back in full operations tomorrow and we will put 320 buses out to make sure people get to where they are going in a fast and safe way,” Tinubu said.

According to him, the firm will ensure that going forward, the wait time and queues at bus stations are reduced.

“We will do all within our power to ensure resumption of operation. We would have resolved all our issues this afternoon,” he added.

Tinubu, however, did not give details of the agreement reached  between the state government and his company in respect of the fares and number of passengers to be carried per bus.(NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: BRT Fola Tinubu Primero

Post navigation

Previous Kogi State records first COVID-19 case as active cases rise to 5,978
Next Nigerian teachers top list of over 50,000 participants for global online teachers’ conference

Related Stories

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto ICPC
  • National News

ICPC tracks 14 projects worth N431.8m in Sokoto

August 19, 2026
Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive  Ekiti abductors
  • National News

Police Repels Bandit Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victims, Recover Weapons in Nationwide Offensive 

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.