Skip to content
August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Political Economist

Political Economist

A liberal News reporting Politics, Sports, Business, Commentaries

  • Home
  • National News
    • Metro News
      • metro
    • Society
    • Crime and Justice
  • Special Reports
    • Investigation
    • Features
    • Interviews
  • Opinion
    • Commentaries
    • Perspectives
  • Press Releases
  • International News
  • Business & Economy
  • Politics
Watch Online
  • Home
  • National News
  • WHO decontaminates, seals offices in Bauchi for 2 weeks as staff tests positive for COVID-19
  • Breaking News
  • National News

WHO decontaminates, seals offices in Bauchi for 2 weeks as staff tests positive for COVID-19

Admin April 20, 2020
 

An official of the World Health Organisation (WHO) in Bauchi Office, has tested positive to the deadly Novel Coronavirus in Bauchi State.

Dr Aliyu Maigoro, Bauchi State Commissioner for Health, confirmed this on Sunday in a statement in Bauchi by Mr Ibrahim Sani, Information Officer, Bauchi State Primary Healthcare Development Agency.

Maigoro said, “consequently, both WHO and UNICEF offices in the state have been decontaminated and sealed for two weeks.

“Following the Confirmation of a staff of the World Health Organisation (WHO), Bauchi Office, who tested positive for COVID-19, the UNICEF/WHO offices have been decontaminated and is now officially closed down for two weeks.

“The exercise was conducted on April 19 in the presence of the Executive Chairman, Bauchi State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr Rilwanu Mohammed, as part of prevention measures and to de-escalate the spread of the virus in the state,” Maigoro said.

The Commissioner said available information, however, revealed that the newly confirmed case had earlier travelled to Kano.

He added that, therefore, all his contacts both in Bauchi and Kano, have been identified and isolated, and they are under strict follow ups and surveillance.

Bauchi state government had said that out of the six index cases in the state, five have been discharged leaving only one remaining in the isolation centre receiving treatment.

However, with the new confirmed case, it has brought the total number of patients in isolation centres in the state to two. (NAN)

  • Facebook
  • Share on X
  • LinkedIn
  • WhatsApp
  • Email
  • Copy Link
Tags: Aliyu Maigoro Rilwanu Mohammed UNICEF WHO

Post navigation

Previous Borno, Jigawa record first confirmed cases of COVID-19
Next COVID-19: PDP calls for suspension of ATM, mobile transfer, electricity charges

Related Stories

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
logo

Political Economist is a liberal news magazine with global affiliations.

At Political Economist, we promote free enterprise and act as a catalyst for the growth of knowledge economy. We are proudly pan-Nigeria yet richly spiced with African and global news. We offer a fair and balanced news reportage presented by our team of well-heeled professional journalists. <

About us

  • 5 Olutosin Ajayi Street, By CPM Church, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, Nigeria
  • +234 805 680 1124
  • info@politicaleconomistng.com

Follow

Subscribe to notifications

You may have missed

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects Troops
  • National News

Troops rescue 14 kidnap victims, arrest 16 suspects

August 19, 2026
Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots children
  • National News

Wike Orders Probe of FCT Directors, Bans Use of Green Areas for Car Lots

August 19, 2026
Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz
  • Business & Economy

Oil hits three-week high on uncertainty over Hormuz

August 19, 2026
South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians
  • National News

South African envoy dismisses reports of visa restrictions on Nigerians

August 19, 2026
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
Copyright © All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.